480 Old Saint Johns Rd
Irvington, VA 22480
Located in the heart of the tranquil Northern Neck between Irvington and Kilmarnock, King Carter Golf Course is an easy drive of only 1¼ - 1½ hours from Richmond, 1 hour from Colonial Williamsburg and 2½ hours from Washington D.C.
From Northern Virginia/Washington D.C.
Take I-95 South, toward Richmond
- Proceed past Fredericksburg (exits 130 A and B).
- Take next exit – Massaponax (exit 126). At bottom of off-ramp, turn right onto Route 1 South. At this point, the driving distance from D.C. is approximately 58 miles.
- On Route 1, proceed several blocks. At stoplight, turn left onto Route 17 South.
- Stay on Route 17 through town of Port Royal - approximately 23 miles. Route 17 becomes a four-lane road here.
- Follow Route 17 to town of Tappahannock – approximately 27 miles.
- At Tappahannock, turn left onto Route 360 East toward town of Warsaw.
- Continue to Warsaw, approximately 7 miles, to the intersection of Route 3.
- Turn right onto Route 3 East toward town of Kilmarnock, approximately 30 miles.
- In Kilmarnock, at 2nd light, between the CVS and Walgreens turn right on James Jones Memorial highway. Continue to next light and turn right on Rte. 200. Proceed 1 mile to King Carter Golf Club and turn left at the "Bell House" onto Old St. Johns Road. Pro Shop is straight ahead on right.
** Total driving time from D.C. – 2½ - 3 hours.
Out of Richmond, Take I-64 East toward Norfolk
- Proceed approximately 35 miles to exit 220 – town of West Point. This is Route 33 East.
- Follow Route 33 East into West Point.
- Pass through West Point – stay on Route 33.
- At intersection of Route 33 and Route 17, take a left toward town of Saluda.
- Stay on Route 17 North until you see a right turn toward Saluda (bear right at Hardees).
- Go into Saluda. At stoplight, turn right onto Route 33 East.
- Stay on Route 33 for approximately 7 miles.
- Look for sign for Route 3 marked White Stone, Irvington, Kilmarnock. Turn left. Proceed on Route 3 over the Rappahannock River Bridge into the town of White Stone.
- In White Stone, turn left at stoplight onto Route 200 North. Proceed 2 miles through Irvington.
- Pass through Irvington and proceed 2 miles passing the Hills Quarter entrance. Turn right at "Bell House" into King Carter Golf Course and proceed straight ahead to White Pro shop on your right. Address – 480 Old St. John's Road.
** Total driving time from Richmond – 1¼ - 1½ hours
From Tidewater Area
- Take I-64 West Toward Richmond.
- Proceed to Fort Eustice exit 250-B.
- At the exit make a left onto Jefferson Avenue.
- Make an immediate right onto Route 105 toward Yorktown.
- Stay on 105 for approximately 3 miles until you see a left turn onto Route 17 North.
- Turn left onto Route 17 North.
- Turn right onto US 17 North Business.
- Turn Right onto Route 14 East/3 West.
- Follow Route 3 Approximately 25 miles.
- After crossing the Rappahannock, come to the stoplight intersection of Routes 3 and 200.
- Turn Left onto Route 200 North. Proceed 2 miles through Irvington.
- Pass Through Irvington and proceed 2 miles and turn right into King Carter Golf Course. Proceed straight ahead to pro shop on your right. Address – 480 Old St. John's Road.